A heavenly mash up of fudgy brownie meets chewy cookie with a dash of chopped pecans and coconut flakes. These better than crack bars are a cinch to make and a real crowd pleaser.
- 14 ounces good quality semi sweet chocolate chips
- 15 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup plus 2 TBSP unsalted butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Over a double broiler, melt together 2 TBSP butter, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat melt 1 cup of butter.
- Once melted, add brown sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla, eggs, nuts and coconut to brown sugar butter mixture.
- Combine well.
- Spread half of the flour mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the dough, leaving some bits of dough uncovered.
- Scoop remaining spoonfuls of dough on top of chocolate mixture, leaving some bits of chocolate uncovered.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the center.
- Cool for an hour before removing bars from pan.
- Slice into squares.
- Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.