Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Cake is made with almond meal and hazelnut flour combined with olive oil and a hint of Meyer lemon for a super moist and delicious gluten free cake. A perfect and pretty cake for everyday celebrations or as a treat with your morning latte.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Grated rind from 2 Meyer lemons
- 2 1/2 TBSP juice from Meyer lemons
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For Lemon Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4–6 TBSP Meyer lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously grease bundt pan or 10 inch springform pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, olive oil, milk, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, xanthum gum and salt.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the almond meal and hazelnut flour.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about an hour, checking oven often after baking for 50 minutes.
- Cover the top with foil if baking for more than an hour to prevent the top from browning.
- Once toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, remove from oven and cool 30 minutes on baking rack.
- To remove from pan, invert pan onto large platter or plate and gently tap bottom of bundt pan until cake loosens.
- Cool completely before adding a dusting of confectioners sugar or lemon glaze.
- For lemon glaze, place 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Add 4 TBSP lemon juice and stir until well combined.
- Glaze should be thick but pourable. For a thinner consistency, add more lemon juice 1 TBSP at a time. For a thicker consistency, add more confectioners sugar.
- Pour over bundt cake and allow to set before serving.
Cake can be made a day ahead and kept loosely covered at room temperature.
Cake freezes well. Simply wrap each slice with plastic wrap and store tightly covered.
Allow to return to room temperature before serving.