A dreamy peanut butter and chocolate ganache tart that is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. A simple almost no bake tart made with a crunchy, chocolate cookie crust and a fluffy peanut butter filling and covered in a silky smooth ganache.
For the Crust
- 1 3/4 cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- 7 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
For the Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cp plus 1 TBSP confectioner´s sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped [1/2 cup pre whipping]
For the Gananche
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, roughly choppped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and and melted butter together until combined.
- Pour mixture into tart pan and use your fingers to press the cookie mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Place the tart pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
For the Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Do not over beat. Scoop into a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Sift in the confectioner´s sugar and beat until fully combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of the whipped cream to the mixture and and quickly stir to combine.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold in using a spatula until just combined.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the cooled tart shell and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Set aside.
For the Ganache
- Add the chopped chocolate to a small bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream to a small saucepan and bring to a slow simmer. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and pour over chocolate.
- Add cubed butter and vanilla and let sit for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture together briskly until a smooth and shiny ganache forms.
- Pour over top of peanut butter mixture and smooth out the ganache using an offset spatula.
- Place tart in refrigerator until chocolate ganance is set. Remove tart from the pan.
- Sprinkle tart with flakey sea salt if desired.
- Slice and serve.
Store left over tart in refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from The Broken Bread.